Everyone loves taco night! If you do, but also are looking for a slight change up from your usual taco recipe, give this easy taco casserole a try! It’s easy to prepare so it’s also a great recipe for older kids to make (with supervision). You can customize it by adding your favorite toppings to your slice of taco casserole so everyone will be happy!
This recipe serves four, so you may want to double!
1 pound of ground meat (beef, bison, venison, or turkey)
1 medium onion, diced
2 tablespoons taco seasoning
6 8-inch flour tortillas
16 ounce jar of salsa
1 and a half cups shredded cheddar cheese
Tortilla chips (optional)
Your favorite taco toppings: sour cream, guacamole, avocado, chopped lettuce, chopped tomatoes, extra salsa
- Grease a 9×12 casserole dish.
- Brown the ground meat and onion in a skillet.
- When the meat is almost cooked completely, stir in the taco seasoning. Stir to mix well. Remove from heat when meat is cooked.
- Cut each tortilla in half and arrange four pieces on the bottom of the pan. Top with ½ cup of salsa, 1/3 of the meat mixture, and ½ cup of cheese.
- Repeat the layers two more times, ending with meat and cheese on top.
- Add corn chips or tortilla chips on top and bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- When finished, top individual servings with your favorite toppings!
Leave a Reply