These refrigerator pickles are a great, easy way to ease into canning! They’re delicious, crisp, and the perfect compliment to any burger or sandwich.
3 pint jars
cucumbers (amount needed depends on size of cucumbers)
3 heads of dill
3 cloves of garlic
2 cups vinegar
4 cups water
3 tbsp salt
1 1/2 tbsp sugar
*Makes 3 pints
- Place a large head of dill into each pint canning jar.
- Add one clove of garlic to each jar.
- Slice cucumbers into spears or chips and place in the jars.
- In a saucepan, mix vinegar, water, salt, and sugar.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then let cool.
- Once it has cooled, pour the mixture into jars over the cucumbers. Put the lids on tightly and give it a good shake.
- Put the jars in the refrigerator for a couple of days before enjoying them!