It’s peak garden season, so pick those zucchinis and bring them straight to the kitchen for a snack! These crunchy treats are so good with sour cream or ranch dressing, and you can even add your choice of seasoning to personalize.
1 large zucchini
1 large egg
1/8 cup whole milk
1 cup plain bread crumbs
1/4 cup dry Italian dressing mix
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Cut a large zucchini into bite-sized pieces.
- Blanch in boiling water for five minutes and then strain.
- Place on a heavy dish towel to drain more while you remove the seeds.
- In a bowl, mix the egg and whole milk.
- Add the zucchini bites to the egg batter.
- In a separate bowl, mix the bread crumbs and dry Italian dressing mix.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the zucchini from the egg batter to the breadcrumb mixture. Coat the zucchini well. You can also toss them in a ziplock bag for easy coating.
- Spread the breaded zucchini bites on the parchment paper and bake for 20-30 minutes (till they reach your desired crispness).
- Add parmesan cheese after baking and salt to taste. Then enjoy!