We love to have a nice hot cup of hot chocolate on a cold winter day! There’s no sweeter way to warm back up after being outside playing or doing chores. Enjoy this recipe for homemade hot chocolate mix with a group of friends or store the leftovers in an airtight container to enjoy anytime. Hot chocolate mix also makes a great gift for anyone, just it in a cute jar with a label on it!
Yields approximately 10-12 servings
1 cup powered sugar
2/3 cup cocoa powder
¼ teaspoon salt
- Mix all dry ingredients together and store in an airtight container.
- When the craving for hot chocolate hits, add 1/8 teaspoon of vanilla extract to 1 cup of milk for each person.
- Warm the milk in the microwave or in a sauce pan on the stove top, being careful to not scorch the milk.
- Add 2 ½ tablespoons of mix per 1 cup of milk* and mix well.
- Top with whipped cream if desired!
*Note: Adjust the amount of mix to suit your individual taste preference!