It may not be tomato season for your own garden, but you can still take this Homemade Bruschetta as an appetizer to a holiday meal or party! It’s super easy with only a handful of ingredients.
1 French bread loaf
1-2 large tomatoes
1-2 tbsp olive oil
2 cloves minced garlic
mozzarella cheese (shredded or fresh)
- Slice bread and toast in the oven.
- Dice the tomatoes.
- Chop basil and combine with tomatoes and garlic.
- Add a tablespoon or two of olive oil and toss.
- Spoon the mixture over the toasted bread.
- Top with mozzarella cheese and return to the oven to melt.