Elegant Glazed Carrots recipe offers a delicious twist on your traditional roasted carrots for your dinner side. This is a great addition to any dinner, but especially great for holidays! This recipe came from my grandmothers collection, shared with her by one of her closest friends, making it a treasured and time tested recipe that I can share with you! Pair with the Hearty Baked Venison Meatballs for a delicious fall combination.
2-3 pounds of carrots
1 cup apricot or peach preserves
2 tablespoons butter, melted
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Lightly butter or oil a 9×12 baking dish.
Peel, rinse, and slice carrots and place in the dish.
Combine melted butter with preserves and mix well.
Spoon mixture over carrots.
Cover the dish with oven safe lid or tinfoil.
Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until carrots are tender.
- 2-3 pounds of carrots
- 1 cup apricot or peach preserves
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Lightly butter or oil a 9x12 baking dish.
- Peel, rinse, and slice carrots and place in the dish.
- Combine melted butter with preserves and mix well.
- Spoon mixture over carrots.
- Cover the dish with oven safe lid or tinfoil.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until carrots are tender.
Did you know that you don’t have to peel carrots before eating or cooking them? Save time and skip the step when the carrots are blemish free and fresh. Just scrub and chop! This is especially useful when making smoothies or roasting carrots in a recipe.
Of course if you have an aversion to the skin, or it seems to have a bitter taste, grab the peeler! There are few hard and fast rules in cooking. Do it your way and enjoy.