Chocolate Lover’s Cookies are a chocolate lover’s dream and one the whole family is sure to love as well. It’s also a fun one to make with kids as they will love to help roll the dough in the powered sugar! These cookies also make a deliciously fun addition to your Christmas baking! Share them with all your friends and family!
Yields 3-4 dozen
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided in half
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
¼ teaspoon salt
1 ½ teaspoons baking power
1 cup granulated sugar
6 tablespoons butter, room temperature
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 large eggs
½ cup powdered sugar for rolling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt 1 cup of chocolate chips. You can do this in a double broiler, or in the microwave stirring every 30 seconds until melted.
- In a separate bowl mix flour, salt and baking power together.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar together, then add the vanilla.
- Add the eggs to the butter mixture and beat until well mixed.
- Add flour mixture into the butter mixture in increments, mixing well between each addition.
- Add the remaining chocolate chips and mix.
- Cover the bowl and chill the dough until it is firm.
- Roll into approximately 1 inch balls, roll the dough ball in the powdered sugar and place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, until the edges are set, allow to cool slightly before moving them to a rack to cool completely.
If you don’t have any need for so many cookies, the dough freezes really well to bake the leftovers anytime you need or want a couple cookies without the mess! See this post for tips on how to freeze cookie dough.