This skillet cookie recipe is great for when you want a large cookie, perhaps to share (or not, no judgment here!), but do not want a lot of leftovers sitting around. It also makes a great gift for a friend!
My favorite part of this recipe is that it only takes one medium sized bowl to mix it all up! So, less clean up than other cookie recipes.
Enjoy it warm from the oven with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for a special summer treat!
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup granulated sugar
4 tablespoons butter
2/3 cup all purpose flour
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 large egg yolk or 1 small egg
1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter an 8-inch cast iron pan.
- Melt butter in medium sized bowl.
- Mix in sugars and vanilla.
- Add egg and mix well.
- Next, add salt and baking soda and mix well.
- Add flour and mix until combined.
- Mix in chocolate chips.
- Pour into buttered cast iron pan
- Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes.