Chicken Noodle Casserole takes less than an hour to make! This is a perfect dish to make on those days when you have so many other things to get done. Simple ingredients, simple prep, but oh so yummy!
16 oz noodles (elbow, bowtie, or penne)
10 oz mixed vegetables (optional – I use the bags of frozen peas, corn, green beans, and carrots)
2-3 cups cooked, shredded or cubed chicken (or turkey)
6 tbsp olive oil
6 tbsp all-purpose flour
1 cup chicken broth
2 cups milk
1 tsp garlic salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook the pasta according to directions, then drain and set aside until sauce is finished.
- In a medium sized sauce pan, heat the olive oil. Add the flour and whisk together.
- Slowly add the chicken broth, milk, garlic salt, and pepper, whisking until combined. Stir with a whisk occasionally until it thickens.
- In a large bowl, combine the noodles, sauce, chicken, and vegetables and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into a 9×12 pan, then top with shredded cheese and fried onions.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until heated through.
- Remove from oven and serve!
Leave a Reply