Adding a comfort food to the dinner meal plan is always a good idea! Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes are a family favorite. Serve it with barbecue chicken legs or thighs, ham, or a pot roast. This recipe pairs well with almost any main course!
When you need a dish to take to a potluck meal, cheesy scalloped potatoes are always a good choice. This recipe can be made early in the day and reheated until hot.
4-5 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced thinly
1 small onion, peeled and sliced thinly (optional)
¼ cup butter
¼ cup flour
1 teaspoon powdered mustard
2 ½ cups milk
2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
¼ teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Butter a 2-quart casserole dish.
- Melt butter in a medium sized saucepan over medium heat, then blend in flour and mustard.
- Slowly stir in milk and cook, stirring until thickened.
- Mix in shredded cheese, salt, pepper, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Layer potatoes, onions, and cheese in sauce pan until all ingredients are used up.
- Cover and bake for 45 minutes. Then uncover and bake an additional 30 minutes, until potatoes are tender.