I love versatile recipes! Take this one for example; adding diced apples to my existing cinnamon muffin recipe gives it a whole new flavor that is perfect for apple lovers! This is a low sugar muffin recipe, so they’re not overly sweet, but still full of flavor! My family loves these muffins for breakfast or snacks. I hope yours loves them too!
1 ¾ Cup all-purpose flour
¼ cup packed brown sugar
1 ½ tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp nutmeg
2 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
1 beaten egg
1 ⅓ cup of milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
¼ cup melted butter or coconut oil
1 large apple diced
- Grease or line 12-cup muffin tin and preheat the oven to 400℉.
- Combine all of the dry ingredients, mixing with a whisk until smooth and clump free.
- Beat the egg in the separate small bowl.
- Combine all wet ingredients (egg, milk, vanilla, melted butter) and mix well.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Mix in diced apples.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling about ¾ full.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until they’re done!
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack.